Monday, November 7, 2011

"I Kissed Dating Goodbye" Review # 1

"To truly love someone with Smart Love, we need to use our heads, not our hearts." - Joshua Harris, Author

"Learn to love appropriatly. You need to use your head and test your feelings so that your love is sincere, not sentimental gush." - The Message Bible, Phillpians 1:9-10

Between the ages of 11 (sometimes younger) and 18 (sometimes older...much older) girls are absolutly prone to hormone-induced affection for just about anything, human and non-human alike. I know, because I was an 11 to 18 year old girl not long ago at all, and I know what it's like.
When I was younger than what I am no), I could easily love a person or thing, whether it was good for me or not. I tossed around the word "love" like I had an unending supply of the stuff. However, as I got older, I caught on to what I was doing. "Love" is the strongest four-letter word in the English language. As an aspiring author at age 16, I began to use my head when deciding how I felt about things. I learned to be careful about what I said, how and when I said it, and what I speaking about.

As Christian young women, we need to be careful when it comes to what we say. I think the Bible is pretty clear on this phrase: "Words have power". God spoke, and the universe came into being. We carry that same power in Christ Jesus.Therefore, we should be like Jesus and speak using choice words instead of spouting what Josh Hariss calls sentimental gush.

Now...I know you're thinking, "Okay. Got it. Watch what I say. But isn't this supposed to be about dating and boys?"
(Inner 90s child) Chill out, dude, chill out. It's all good, man. We'll get to that next week, my minis. :)
Until then,
Tabitha.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment